Andersson’s Camp is a tastefully rebuilt former farmstead, located in Ongava Reserve, adjacent to Etosha National Park. Surrounded by scrub-covered plains, the main area overlooks a waterhole.
From here, 20 tents radiate outwards - secluded in typical mopane woodland. The unusual tents are a clever mix of calcrete stone cladding, canvas and wood - elevated on a wooden deck with a double-door entrance, a small verandah with an uninterrupted view, and an en suite bathroom with an open-air shower. This eco-sensitive accommodation uses energy-saving initiatives such as solar-heated water for showers, and natural vegetation has been retained throughout the camp.
Named after Swedish explorer Charles Andersson who discovered Etosha's vast salt pan in 1851, the camp is set against the backdrop of the low Ondundozonanandana Mountains. Andersson's proximity to Etosha National Park means that activities focus on wildlife safaris there, as well as within the private reserve of Ongava.
Andersson's Camp is currently undergoing renovation and will be closed until March 2019. Please contact our consultants for advice on alternative properties, or peruse all our Ongava & Etosha accommodation.