During your stay the rhythm of each day is similar, an early morning game drive accompanied by Warren, with a picnic breakfast out in the bush, before returning to camp for lunch, after which there is time to relax, read, write your journal, download photos or take a siesta until mid-afternoon tea. You set off again for a late afternoon game drive that lasts until sunset, returning to camp in time for dinner.
Each day’s itinerary is deliberately kept as flexible as possible to take full advantage of whatever photographic highlights present themselves.
Our October departure coincides with the Great Migration, an astonishing sight when huge herds of wildebeest and zebra travel to the Mara from the now-dry Serengeti in Tanzania, in search of fresh grazing. All the while the region's big cats are waiting to prey on the weak in the herds - an incredible wildlife experience and an excellent photographic opportunity.
During your stay you can enjoy quality time with Warren, which will include:
• Photographic instruction in the safari vehicle each day
• Evening slide presentations illustrating the art of taking good wildlife pictures
• Photographic image appraisal sessions
• Screening of wildlife documentaries that Warren has been involved in, together with a brief lecture on the making of of each particular film.
• Extra coaching outside game drives in the camp's photo gallery.
During photography tuition sessions, the group wil be split into two small groups, alternating between Warren and another professional photographer for a highly personalised session.
Aside from photography, during your stay there may be an opportunity to visit a traditional Masai manyatta (additional cost, payable locally).