Uganda - A Weekend with the Apes
Trekking through the steep, densely forested hills and then finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation is an inspiring and privileged moment. This is a trip that requires stamina as it may take most of the day to track these amazing creatures.
As well as seeing gorillas in the wild, you can take a guided walk in the rainforest, home to several endemic bird species, clouds of butterflies and rare plant life. Or walk through the local village, and learn about community projects, discover the traditions of the Batwa Pygmies, and learn about the native tribal inhabitants of the forest. The indigenous people of Bwindi forest, though no longer resident in the forest, still practice many of their traditional hunter-gatherer skills.
- Day 1. Depart UK
- Depart the UK on an overnight flight to Kigalifvia Nairobi
- Days 2-4. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Arrive Kigale and transfer to Bwindi Forest - 3 nights Bwindi Lodge. Gorilla-tracking and photography; village visits
- Day 5. Depart
- Transfer back to Kigale for an overnight flight back to the UK
- Day 6. Arrive UK
- Departures: Monthly departures throughout the year. This trip can also be arranged on a tailor-made basis.
- Flight incl Price: From £2,350
- Single Supp: Please enquire
- What's included: International flights, transfers, all meals, three nights lodge accommodation, guided activities. One day gorilla permit is included in the price - additional permits can be purchased if required.
- Group size: Maximum 10