Pacific Coast Journey
The Pacific coast, in particular, has much to offer in its national parks: from the turtle nesting beaches of Tamarindo, to iconic Manuel Antonio with its classic Bounty bar beaches and, occupying the Osa Peninsula in the remote southwest, Corcovado is internationally renowned for its biodiversity. Wildlife is abudant here, including big cats and tapirs, and it's the only park where all four of Costa Rica's monkey species can be seen: white-headed capuchin, mantled howler, the endangered Geoffroy's spider monkey, and the Central American squirrel monkey. This last species is found only on the Pacific coast and in a tiny area of Panama.
- Day 1. Fly to San Jose
- Fly from London to San Jose and transfer to your hotel for 1 night
- Days 2-3. Tamarindo
- Transfer to Tamarindo, Hotel Tamarindo Diria for 2 nights. Explore rainforest canopy and view leatherback turtles laying their eggs
- Days 4-5. Sarapiqui
- Drive to Sarapiqui, 2 nights La Quinta de Sarapiqui Country Inn. Optional visits to Poas Volcano, La Selva Biological Station, boat rides, white-water rafting and kayak trips.
- Days 6-7. Manuel Antonio
- Transfer to Manuel Antonio, 2 nights Si Como No Resort. Visit Manuel Antonio National Park, with its white sandy beaches and lush rainforest.
- Days 8-10. Corcovado
- Fly to Corcovado and continue by motor launch down the Sierpe River to Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge - 3 nights. Explore the rainforest and coast at Corcovado National Park
- Days 11. San Jose
- Fly back to San Jose for 1 night
- Day 12. Depart San Jose
- Overnight flight back to the UK
- Day 13. Arrive UK
- Arrive UK early morning.