Yellowstone Ultimate Wolf & Wildlife Safari
It is in winter time that Yellowstone's wildlife shines the brightest. A magical place, quiet and pristine, swathed in snow, yet alive with the natural drama played out by the wild animals who live among its vast meadows forests and frozen creeks.
This small group guided safari is coordinated with on-site scientists, and you'll search for wolves in the beautiful and remote Lamar Valley. Travelling by snow vehicle gives you the flexibility required to view Yellowstone's winter wildlife, and offers a unique opportunity to stay within the quiet solitude of the park in winter.
- Day 1. Jackon, Wyoming
- Trip starts Jackson, Wyoming.
- Day 2. Jackson Hole
- Wildlife viewing in Jackson Hole; visit National Elk Refuge by horse-drawn sleigh.
- Day 3. Grand Teton and Yellowstone
- Drive through Grand Teton National Park to Yellowstone; see Old Faithful geyser.
- Day 4. Mammoth Hot Springs
- Mammoth Hot Springs, drive to Cooke City.
- Day 5. Lamar Valley wolves
- Full-day searching for wolves in the Lamar Valley.
- Day 6. Bozeman
- Sunrise search for wolves; afternoon drive to Bozeman.
- Day 7. End of tour
- Tour ends in Bozeman, Montana
Note: Some departures operate in reverse from Bozeman to Jackson.
- Departures: Fixed departures from late December to February
- Flight incl price : From £3,750
- Single Supplement : Please enquire
- What's Included : International flights, five nights in lodge-style accommodation with private facilities, all meals, expedition leader and local guides, airport transfer on arrival, use of warm parkas and boots.
- Max group size : 14